Original by: ohs80002
So at the request of keithwtsmorris, here’s part 1 of my sketches/process work for the short story I illustrated for Kill Shakespeare, plus commentary!
All of these characters are from the comic proper, so for the most part all I had to do was make some base sketches to bring the characters into my style, and to reflect the prequel-ish setting. I did have pretty much free reign with Sycorax, who’s basically a tree in the comic proper.
A few thoughts:
- I made Sycorax to be physically opposed to Lady Mac in a lot of ways. Lady Mac has a sort of glossy magazine cover sex appeal, and you don’t really need two of those characters in five pages so I made young Sycorax to be wide-eyed and kinda cute.
- Sycorax is basically wearing a bastardized flapper dress, which gives her a silhouette distinct from Lady Mac’s long, elegant dress.
- to make Lady Mac ‘younger,’ I tried to find standard depictions of Lady Macbeth in paintings, but the most solid, iconic image I could find with my light search was that greenish beetle wing dress. So I tried to strike a balance between elements of that dress (green and gold, the belt with a hanging bit) with KS Lady Mac’s usual appearance (big earrings, loose hair, a neckline that emphasizes the bust).
- Will is basically referenced from paintings of Shakespeare, with a simplified doublet.
- Prospero has a face??? Okay.
- the last image is actually a style test I drew of Juliet before I went about trying to ‘design’ the other characters to work in my style.
If you’re already into the comic, Kill Shakespeare has an official tumblr! They’re going to be doing a giveaway/contest type thing soon, so keep an eye out for it.
It’s one of those ‘Hera, give me strength’ kind of days.
Lynda Carter - Modern Day Wonder Woman by Peter Cleary
AWWWW *_* I just LOVE the Mako x Gamagori arts of this great artist ^^
THIS ART is not mine so DON´T REMOVE THE SOURCE!!!!
So cute! I don’t usually ship characters, but… SET SAIL FOR THIS ONE!!!
Lunchtime Sketch- Big Barda
2 hours. Line Manga Studio. Colors Photoshop.
Only posting 3 pictures from his gallery, ‘cause, you guys should go check the rest of it out! Don’t know why we weren’t following him sooner. He’s awesome!!
Come on, Nog, tell me. Why is it so damned important for you to get into Starfleet?
requested by bengiyo
This picture is transparent and looks pretty cool against the Nightmare Kingdom background.